Saturday, September 18, 2010

We Made It!!

Well, after many, many long hours, we have finally arrived in beautiful New Zealand - and it is really beautiful!!!!  The longest (and darkest) streach was the fifteen hour flight from LAX to Sydney.  All went smoothly though: we made it through customs dispite a hiccup with my Visa and were soon pickup up by Les and Linda, a loving and hospitable couple that we will be staying with for a few days at least.

I've been up for almost 42 hours and it's finally time for bed.  (Em)

Greetings friends! During the flight I didn't sleep a wink but Emma managed to grab a few Z's.  We landed in a slight drizzle and currently the wind is howling and the rain is raging but we're sitting almost picturesquely by a warm fire surrounded by our new friends Les and Linda while watching rugby... I've never watched so much rugby in all my life.
More to come later, and pictures :) (Sades)

Love,
Us

2 comments:

  1. We are so glad you made it, guys. Mom enjoyed talking with you, Emily. Your voice was SO clear! We are excited to see photos.

    Did you travel on that new double-decker plane? We read that Quantas flew the A380 on that route and stumbled across pictures of business and first class "seats". You don't want to know ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a double decker. Maybe the biggest plane I've ever seen. There were at least 700-800 people on the plane and we were served two full meals and watched TV, movies, music videos, etc. It was quite the experience!

    Plus, I slept for 12 hours last night and don't seem to have any jet lag today, so that's a blessing. Sad I didn't get to talk to you Daddy, but maybe I'll call again in a couple days.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete